Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day



All of these items belonged to my Dad. His boyscout handbook, Pilot Log book,
Slide Rules, Camera, Watch (there's a story behind that watch). The framed picture
is of his HAM radio group in College, and the little boy is him as a toddler.


When I was in the month of my 18th birthday, My Father passed away at the age of 39. He had a very short battle with Leukemia.


The best piece of advise my Dad ever game me..."Don't limit your options." He wasn't talking about life in general, but a specific thing. But with most of my decisions in my life those words reverberate in my head. "Don't limit your options!!"

He's been gone for 29 years, I've know life without him more than life with him. However, he was there through all those influential moments of my youth. Dispensing wisdom whether I wanted it or not. My youngest son once said "When I die I want to meet 2 people in heaven. Elija and Your Dad." Wow!!

Here's to you dad, you continue to influence me even though you are not here.

IF you still have your father, give him some of your time today. If not find the nearest Dad in your life and give him some time today.

Or spend some time with THE FATHER because he's always there!!!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Amen.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo....39 is too....TOO young....I'm so glad you have tactile momentos to go with those wise words....!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin