Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day-A change in perspective

Two years ago I heard a story of a local Marine who had been killed in Afghanistan. "How sad" I thought, "that poor family". Then, I'm sorry to say, the story left my mind for other things.




A year ago my son met a girl, she became his wife last month. That Marine was her Brother.

I have, in the last year, gotten to know her family, and her brother through them.
It has changed me.

This memorial day will be different for me, as I reflect not just on those who served, but those who've died... and one in particular. A young man that I'll never get to know but who's family is now part of my own.

This is who we honor today, Never Forget


2 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL post Margo....Thank you for sharing this brave young man with us....

Lest we forget those that have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect & serve....!!

Tamarah

Mr. Flannery said...

How wonderous. There are so many young men and women willing to volunteer to go in harm's way to serve and protect Our America. God Bless your Marine and all who gave everything for America.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin