Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Paris is Just around the Corner

Part of this is a re-post with some new informaiton

For several years I've wanted to take one of the Red Shed Girl's trips to Paris. I've made sure my passport is up to date, and watched as they blogged about the trips. I did go on one guided trip with the girls to my first Junk Bonanza and I must say, they think of everything. Val even contributed to the recent Flea Market Style magazine on page 11 in an article about shopping the Paris Fleas. So I knew there was no better group to go with.



But you see I'm a cheapskate and it takes a lot for me to part with a dime, so I've been putting it off.

Then one day Mr R said to me "when you are 80, and you can't go, will you regret not going?" Of course the answer was "yes", and so that was all the nudge I needed.


After a few conversations with Val and a small down payment, I'm headed to Paris And it's only a few weeks away, After waiting for about 9 months, it's finally, as we say, "within spittin distance".

The information emails have gotten more frequent and closer togehter. I've emailed with my roommate, and there is a meeting coming up. I've tried to temper my excitement so far, but It's getting harder and harder.

Of course I'm excited about sharing it with all of you so stay tuned, April 18th is the day we fly out but I've got lots to do before that. Oh, My Son is getting married April 6th :)

In case you are not familiar with the Red Shed Girl's tours, go here for all the info.

10 comments:

TinaTx said...

Wow - April is going to be a busy month for you! Know you will have a wonderful time!
Can't wait to see pictures from both big events!

Vickie said...

OH so jealous, Margo - I know you're going to have a wonderful trip!!! All that love Parisian JUNK! I'll be so looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

Jane said...

You will have such a wonderful time. I loved Paris but I was with my husband and son and we didn't get to do any flea market shopping. Share all the pictures you want when you get back, I would love to see them. And good luck with the wedding too!!
Jane

Curtains in My Tree said...

a dream trip I would say.

can't wait to see what you buy and experiance

That is how i would want to go, i mean with other ladies who know where to shop and where to stay.
I have always read where lodging is so expensive I would love to know what really trip costs

Curtains in My Tree said...

Margo

I got on the blog Red Shed Girl's trip to Paris and OMg you are going to see so much . I can't believe how much those ladies bought I thought things were pricy at those flea markets? I can't even afford Marburgers LOl
they got some great items

I was tired after looking at posts through several flea markets then they still had a diner party that evening
busy busy busy

you will have a ball

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo this April will go down as the BEST April ever I'm sure....!!

As if it wasn't going to be special enough with your Son's wedding (&you wearing a DRESS) you have this FABULOUS opportunity to visit one of the most BEAUTIFUL cities in the world....WELL DESeRVED my Friend for all your hard work....!!!!!

I just wish I could come with....**sigh**....!!

Hope you're having a SPLENDID week....!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Carol said...

What a dream! I so love reading their blog posts about those wonderful treasure filled brocantes. It would be heaven. And just think of the new friends you're going to make. I can't wait to hear what you have to share with us.

Smiles,

Carol

Country Gal said...

Hey Margo .
I just want to let you know incase you use this form of following that Google Friend Connect is disappering as of today so it has been said no following anyone with it and no one can follow you either . Hundreds of bloggers are and have including myself hooked up to a Linky follower that lets us keep track of our followers and vise versa !http://www.linkytoolsblog.com/ I am hosting a Linky Blog Hop and would love for you to join so that we all can keep up with following and being followed to so many wonderful blogs ! Have a great day !

CareyCottage said...

I've been to Paris, it's a lovely city. Just watch out for dog *bombs* on the sidewalks, lol!

Margo said...

Carey, I've heard about that. As the owner of 3 pooches, I'm used to it :, but no in the city :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin