Friday, February 3, 2012

Orla Kiely Love...Obsession



I'm not sure why Orla Kiely's patterns attract me so much. They are simple, colorful, graphic and for some reason I just can't get enough.
I feel as if I've been infected.
Most Orla Kiely products are a bit out of my budget. So for Christmas I requested some Orla like items, like the Lotta Jansdotter fabrics below, The notebook and clips above (staples) and the Orla's book" Pattern" (Highly recommend). I also requested some actual Orla fabric (from Etsy) which came a few weeks after Christmas.

I was so excited to finally get some of her beloved fabric, and I went right to work, making those few fat quarters stretch as far as I could.
I embellished some towels, (Jansdotter 2 upper, Orla the stem pattern lower)


spruced up a Tote, It's different on each side
With Scans from her book, I dressed up my date book and cel phone. These clear phone cases are wonderful and easy to change.

I've also found ways to work Orla-like items into my decor, hopefully, without going overboard???? This green coverlet and pillow shams are from Kohl's and are still available.
If you want to see more of my Orla Kiely finds, wants etc, I keep an Orla pinboard on my pinterest just for that.

I read in her book that she looks at the blogs, so Orla if you are reading this, I want drinking glasses. The mugs are nice, but I would love a line of Orla Glass Tumblers perfect for a Texas Sweet Iced Tea, How about it??

And Last but not least, This has to be my favorite Orla item of all...

Can you believe there is an Orla Car???? Sigh







3 comments:

Candylei said...

The fabric is beautiful. Her works reminds me of Merrimeko prints from the 70's!!;-)

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hey Margo....!

Isn't Orla just the BEST....!!!!! I LOVE how you've incorporated her designs into your home though I'm a TAD envious of your stash....!!!!!

So far all I have is the Pattern book & isn't that a GREAT read....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

JunkStuffTreasures said...

Great graphics, so simple, so modern- love them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin