Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We are half way there


The Advent board is filling up, are you following along?
Watch the left side bar each day for a new object, that points to the Reason for the Season.
I'm having so much fun, and have come up with some cleaver ones for the last 2 weeks.
I'd love your feedback.

Remember, if you want some pre-printed tags you can order them from my friend Jodi, Here. Expand the project and make Jodi's Jesus Tree with her tags.

I'm keeping a pinboard and am pinning each day's tag and trinket. Also I've found some wonderful "similar" advent boards to inspire you even further. You can view my pin board here.


If you don't want to put screw hooks or nails in a wooden board. How about just getting a cork bulletin board and using tacks. Or it's easy to screw cup hooks into the cork. Cover the cork with burlap, linen or fabric for a more finished look.
Have fun with this. I know you will.

Please do this with the children in your life. Incorporate it into your Sunday school lessons, or school lessons, or bed time stories. They'll remember it all their lives, especially if it becomes a tradition. And what a fun way to learn about our Savior.

Find more names of Jesus by your own research. You'll be amazed what you will learn and have fun doing it.







3 comments:

Sueann said...

I love your Advent Calendar! Wonderful idea!
Hugs
SueAnn

rusty hinge said...

Hello Margo! I just stumbled upon your blog and oh boy, I love it! I love junk too (in fact my husband works at a scape salvage yard and I am always begging him to take home some treasures!) I actually just posted about my advent calender that I made a couple years ago but I LOVE yours!!! AWESOME! Well, I am your newest follower and you are going on my blog roll! Thanks so much for your inspiration!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

Alison said...

I am loving this advent calander idea!
Thanks for all your help with the photo this week!
I got the wedding stuff in my mailbox today- thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin