Monday, August 15, 2011

Treasures in Quantity

It's always fun to find treasures in Quantity. Today I began to reflect on some of the fortunate finds I've made along the way in multiples.


As the cone-heads would say, "Let's consume mass quantities"


Sign letters are often found in quantities

There is also something so fun and wonderful about displaying items in my booth spaces in quantity. And they seem to sell better that way too.

When I found these globes I brought home 6 total.
I bought 10 total of these and similar individual chalk boards


A whole box of wooden pant hangers, have been a big seller



Tarts anyone???

Lucky find, Old advertising ash trays, all at one sale.

Sometimes I get my multiples from pickers
But many times I happen upon them myself.


How often do you find a collection of industrial time card holders, and in multiple colors as well?
Sometimes I just accumulate mass quantities, as in these light cages.
I hope you enjoy this little photo essay of my "quantity finds". Some of these items I still have some, have moved onto other homes.

You can even get furniture in quantity from time to time.I hope you find mass quantities of everything that makes you smile this week.




9 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh yes! My heart beats faster any time I see a whole passel of just about anything! Love your finds.
Can't wait to see you SOON at Junk Bonanza.
Hugs,
Jan

Dar said...

Your Quantity Finds are wonderful~Having fallen in love with the trinket boxes and the rockers...
What lovely items. Oh, and those globes, if only I had room to house everything. Now I need a porch.
BlessYourHeart

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I love your quantity finds...The old T-Squares especially caught my eye.

Kim 'The Hillbilly' said...

I tend to buy/accumulate in quantities too... then I find it hard to part with them because I now have a 'collection'. Globes, grain scoops, milk bottles, tins... do you find it hard to part with items when you get more than, like 5? lol

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Love your mass quantities, wish I were near and could buy a few! Love the way you wrote the post, fun!

Hugs,
Mary

Into Vintage said...

So much great stuff!! Love all the light cages and I agree -- things seem to sell better when there's more than one and the buyer has a choice. I always think, "Choose several of them!" :-)

Vintage and Company said...

I love quantity - it will catch a buyers eye every time...you know I love those letters!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo I'm BEYOND envious....I was born on the WRONG side of the planet FOR SURE....We just don't have 'quantities' down here....The ONLY time I see anything in large numbers is when I read your blog or go to Round Top....**sigh**....I wish I could TELEPORT (spell checker says that's NOT a word but we KNOW otherwise....!!) myself over to your side at LEAST once a day....!!!!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

I love buying items in quantities. Fantastic finds and great pictures! I have so many vintage fans and gas cans right now. I just love them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin