Monday, August 22, 2011

Less than a Month Away... Fall and Sales

As Fall is teetering on the edge of Summer, my thoughts begin to turn to the many sales coming up.



After a long hot summer here in Texas, I always enjoy my September Trek up to Minnesota for the Junk Bonanza. Each year they manage to out do the year before. But the best part is the people I meet there. Each year I come back with not only junk treasures, but friendship treasures as well.

Just after the Bonanza is the 2 weeks of Antique Fun in the Round Top/Warrenton area of Texas. Known as antiques week, it's really 2 weeks and is full of junk, fun and more friends as well. I usually don't attend the Fall show, but I plan on making it for at least 2 days this year.




Then in October comes the Fall Gresham Barn sale here locally, and it is always a blast. Several years I've sold there, but I've also just worked, and not sold. I enjoy the girls, and the treasures, and the customers and I always enjoy helping out.


Then comes the holidays and even more sales. Summer is for finding the goods, and Fall is for selling them. I'm ready for cooler temps and lots of treasures. How about you?





Order your copy of Flea Market Style
delivered right to your mail box.
Plenty of copies, in stock, of both 2011 issues.

Please go here to order

12 comments:

time worn interiors said...

Hope to see you at the blog party this year!
tot

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the Junk Bonanza. I hope to see you there!

Simply Shelley said...

Tis that time of year...enjoy your adventures Margo...blessings

Jane said...

I would love to attend the Junk Bonanza....one of these years!! Have fun at all of your fall events.
Jane

Anonymous said...

Margo, just a note to let you know I received my anxiously
Awaited mail..... FMS mags!!!! Best of all, I was quickly browsing, and my name popped out off the page! My bumper sticker quote was posted! :-) as small of a piece this is, I am still tickled!!! They arrived intact too! Thank you for making my night! Can't wait to meet you at JB! I will keep my eye out for you!
Thanks again-
~Gina G.

Vintage and Company said...

Thanks for the promote friend! Can't wait to see what you come back with from JB!

Sueann said...

JB sounds like so much fun! Wish I could go!! Waaaa!!
I am still enjoying the summer...,don't want fall yet. Noooooo!! Summer sun is the best!
Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

Sounds like SO much fun, i do wish I could come. Maybe I will tag along with Tamarah one day ;)
alicia

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to Junk Bonanza!!

Curtains in my Tree said...

I don't want summer to be over yet just the 100 degree weather.

I know all the fall shows are fun

just one small flea market here next month ( sept)

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo not long to go now Lovey....!

My thoughts will be with you at Junk Bonanza & all the WONDERFUL Gals there as you shop & sell your hearts out....**sob**.... :o(

My smile will return when we meet up in 'The Fields'....!!!!!

Cheers for a bit,
Tamarah xxx

Gracie's Cottage said...

Can't wait to see you at JB! I may just have to follow you back to TX...you gals have the best non-stop junking down there!

Jan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin