Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More Wedding Stuff-What it takes



Since just about everything in my life becomes a blog post, there is no reason that these wedding preps should be different. If you need to catch up on this story, simply start with the post below. As mentioned before, my week is centering around my friend's wedding this Saturday. Preparations have been in full force for many months, but now it's crunch time.

Of course there is list making and reviewing the plans...

My guest room has turned into gathering place or "prop central".




There has also been the issue of making an outdoor garden arch stand up inside a church. Mr R conquered that one for me. Now I just need to get that wood painted white.

Simple solution but very effective. What you can't see are the clamps that hold it to the support pieces. Leave it to my brilliant engineer husband to come up with such a simple solution. In my head I had this most complicated contraption pictured.
Less is more!!!!

And then there is candle testing. Candles must burn at least 30-45 mins.
First candle failed, but this one is looking good.
No detail is too small.

Watch for more as time allows me to make posts.




3 comments:

Kay said...

ohhhhh, I love the wedding posts, I'll be having my daughter's in our backyard next summer so I'll be in the wedding mode for the next year.

Sueann said...

Wedding planning takes courage and stamina!! You have both I see!
Never thought about candle burning times!! Who knew! Ha!
Love the arch...perfect solution for sure!
Hugs
SueAnn

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

It will all be fabulous. Just remember to take deep breaths when you are feeling overwhelmed!
Take lots of pics for us!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin