Monday, April 20, 2009


Since he's back now, I can tell you that my DH was gone all last week. I am truly glad he is home.
He was on a "looking for dead people" trip to Tennessee, looking for family history. He kept telling me about all the junk shops along the way. I guess I'll have to go with him next time, as long as he agrees to stop at some of the junk shops.

It was a great week of selling, and finding and here are some of my finds.

One really good Garage Sale with a Barn full of tools

Anyone know what this unusual thing is. I'm thinking flower frog???



Look at the size of this bulb


Not sure what this is, but I think it has something to do with electricity wires, and a tension line. The pulley is ceramic.


Look at this great John Deere Windmill
And those industrial light covers will be lamps for a bedroom i'm doing in cottage/industrial. Also 2 metal pulleys and a really heavy red wheel.



I'm loving all those gauges I picked up. See what I did with the 3 I'm keeping. I really like the one that has a needle that looks like the Eifel tower.




I have several gauges for sale on my Garage Sale post below, and Some of the other items will be on my ebay this week. Just click the button below.




12 comments:

Tanna said...

I am impressed at all you find and then the imagination you have to use it well!

Wanda said...

That's my kind of sale! I just love "man stuff", the stuff we find in barns. I've seen those things that look like they'd make a good flower frog, but can't remember what they are.

Vee said...

Smart gal for not mentioning that your hubby was outta town. Yes, it sounds as if that would be a great trip for you to join him on.

As always, you've found the neatest items. I thought I was doing well to purchase an old window frame over the weekend, but I can see that I need to stretch even further.

Sandy said...

This is my first time to visit your blog and it won't be my last! I love all the great junk finds you have here! Thank you for sharing neat ideas and uses for your finds.

Mindy said...

The black thing with the holes...it does look kinda like a frog. But, my Mom had one when I was growing up and it takes little skinny wax candles. It was a neat piece, but in the warmth of Texas, those little candles lose their shape and look spooky eventually! haha Great finds! ~Mindy

misselaineous said...

Hey Margo! Awesome finds...stuff like that is what makes me head to the barn, shed or garage, especially at estate sales. Some of my best advertising tins have come from those areas, usually full of rusty old nails & screws! Can hardly wait to see what you do with these goodies! *elaine*

Tina said...

Fun and inspiring finds. That light bulb is familiar looking. I have several because I paint them in to big Christmas ornaments at holiday time. People just give them to me to paint for them. it's funny to me, but they like them.

Love that pully and the "flower frog"
t

Danielle said...

I also believe that unusual item is a candle holder. You put very skinny tapers around the side, and a larger one in the middle!

ann at greenoak said...

what a great pile....i love the guages....and your spring wreath...i have no idea on the iron thing....
ann

Rock River Stitches said...

Love your blog! Enjoy looking at all your cool treasures! Makes me want to go to my antique mall right now and find some of my own treasures.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Love that red wheel! You found some cool stuff!
Carol

Curious Goods said...

Awesome finds!!!!!!!
Donna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin