Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blonde Moment....


Today started out just fine. I had the plan to make it out to Canton First Monday Flea market as soon as could get all my work at the office done. Wouldn't you know that I had to take a bunch of international shipments to the PO AND make a payroll tax deposit at the bank first. I got all that done and by 12:45 and was headed down the road to Flea Market Heaven.

I forgot my camera, so no pictures, but I've got a story to tell.
It is starting to get hot here in TX, and today was around 85. Now in the midst of August that's a cool front. But when we've gotten accustomed to cooler temps, it's really hot. Now add the humidity and sunshine to that, and walking around Canton got a bit sticky. After 2 hrs, I was pretty much done with the Field shopping, and was headed to the Civic Center (Air-conditioned) to see some friends and cool off a bit. I had one last stop at a place near theentrance to the CC, and then I headed for the great indoors. Just as I found my friends, I looked at my push cart and I realized it was
NOT MINE!!!!!! Lickety split, back out the door I go towards the last place I had visited. As I walk out the CC doors I see a very panicked woman looking at the cart I'm pulling. On a hunch I asked her if it was hers. She looked at it and said 'yes' but still seemed a bit perplexed. I apologized again and again, and asked where I had left mine. She showed me and it was exactly where I thought it was. I put my arm around her apologized again, we laughed about it, and then I headed back to the CC as soon as I felt she had recovered. As I approached my friends (sellers) I told them the story and we had a big laugh. I guess the heat was really getting to me. Her cart didn't even look like mine :/

Just so I won't have a post without pictures, take a look at what I found the other day.

Aren't these knobs just too cool. You all know how I love clocks, numbers, and B&W graphics and these are just perfect. I placed them inside a clock plate and turned a white cup upside-down for a makeshift candy dish. I added a few of my XVI balls and I just love it.

I don't know if I'll use them as knobs someday, but for now they are just fine in the candy dish, with all my other clock stuff.

Mark your calendars
Our Little Corner Antique mall is having an "everything is on sale-sale" May 16th.
there will be lots of stuff inside and out. Dealers will be bringing extra stuff for outdoor shopping. And Everything will be marked down in every booth. Nothing going for the marked price, NOTHING.
So if you are not headed to Mindy's sale in Poetry, head out to Noonday, to Our Little Corner for some great deals.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Aww! Thanks for mentioning my sale and party! Your cart story had me laughing! I can just see your eyes when you realized you had the wrong cart! Oops! ~Mindy

The Whistle Stop said...

I know the feeling! I did that with a suitcase when visiting a friend in Oregon. I flew into Portland and she lives in Salem an hour away from the airport. I didn't notice that I had the wrong piece of luggage until I went to get it out of the car! Ooops!!! So, back to the airport we went at 11:00 p.m. and found a nice man who was kind enough not to yell and scream at me. His connecting flight was delayed so he didn't wait as long as I thought he may have. Good thing there are still understanding and kind people in this world!
Thanks, I had a good laugh and memory reading your post!
Laurie

Vee said...

I hopped into the wrong car once. It certainly is embarrassing. Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

It was good to meet you yesterday in Canton. I had forgotten my camera too.
I love your cart story. Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh. Remember, we are all not laughing at you, but with you. My roots are brunette, and on many occasion turn blonde.
I will try to post some photos of my cart when I get a chance.
Nancy

CatHerder said...

Love your blog! I had a "blonde moment" a few years back that was just as memorable. I came out of a friends house at dusk, and got into my truck....the truck would not start...then, i noticed stuff on the dashboard....omg....IT WASNT MY TRUCK...i had gotten into my friends neighbors...i exited, looked around, and got into mine quite embarassed..i dont think i will ever forget that.

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Oooh, Margo...lovin' those b/w knobs, too! Good find!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin