Friday, November 28, 2008

Playing Catchup, Finds, Projects, News


Well Thanksgiving is over and it's on to Christmas. I was going to go to Canton First Monday Trades days today, but Heavy rain will postpone it a day for me. I actually started out to go, but began to think twice when I couldn't see the road in front of me. I can handle drizzle and sprinkles, but full on rain, would really take the fun out of the day. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, so I'll try again.

I've been given AND I've found lots of items over the past few weeks, that I have just not had time to share. So I'm gonna catch you all up on my great new junk.
First though, I've been really bad. I asked you all to guess what this item was.

but then forgot to tell you the answer. So here it is. It's an old packing tape dispenser. I thought it was beautiful. Back in the day, they even made utilitarian items pretty. Now it's all function and no form.

My first set of junk finds is from Anita's sale a few weeks back. Every time I went out there I picked up something new.

See the baskets and the old file box, as well as those fretwork doors

Old heater and I think I've shown the clock before. These pics are taken in my barn, So you'll see other things in the backgrounds. If you see anything you like, just ask, it just might be for sale.

She gave me this great old mirror frame

And this wonderful old foot stool, I guess. Not sure what it was or what it will become, but I loved it. I also got that basket there on the left.

A recent project of mine was something I've had in my head for awhile now. I was able to purchase a large lot of those old wooden gears from a gal in MN. I put this "giant broken clock" together on my office wall at work.

I asked one of the guys (with an artistic bent) what he thought of it. He said it looked like "Big Ben exploded on my wall". I said "good" that is what I was going for.
I have the last of these gears available on ebay this week.

Now for Last Weekends Garage Sale Haul

How often do you find a pink and green seed spreader, And that metal thing is a transmission stand, and It is heavy.

See spreader currently resides in my "Junk Yard".

Table legs, horse tack, and other misc stuff

From Jodi's sale, a expandable dress form and some old table legs

close up of some of the tack, Watch for projects coming soon.

this thing hold film reels



I've already done up some projects with these finds, and Will be posting them during the week and on my web site as Christmas project ideas.


And bags of misc goodies for bling here and there as needed.

Some of this stuff will be listed on Ebay, some of it will be used in projects etc.
Some of it, I have no clue...Yet!

I've been busy working on some Christmas-y projects and will be sharing those in the days and weeks ahead. I can't wait to see the projects you all come up with either.
Have a great weekend.
Margo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Margo, what is the black stand on wheels and how much? Thanks!

Margo said...

Red Door: The black stand is apparently a transmission stand. It is solid iron, very heavy, and would be for local pick up only. It's a really neat piece, and would make a great table or stool base. I'd sell it for $55.00. don't know where you are, so I don't know if you'll be able to pick it up.
Margo

Jenny said...

Love the dress form!! I just found one that was turned into a lamp, but my camera was dead so no picture!! Hope you had a great thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing your other projects soon!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I really like the wire dress form, is it for sale?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin