Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fun with scales

I'm learning that Antique dealers are just buyers with too much stuff. And if they really like something, they just price it high and hope it doesn't sell until they are "over it". Well I guess that is what I'm doing with this scale I picked up earlier this week. It's blue and won't really go in my house, so I'm playing with it at the booth. I saw a picture where someone had a scale like this and used it in a hutch to stack dishes. I decided to give it a try.

I know I said plant stand before, but I like this better. These rose dishes and vintage napkins look great with the blue.
I also brought this dresser and mirror into my booth.

A little wood to contrast with all my painted stuff.
I really like that mirror thing on top. It's got 2 little drawers too.
I'm selling them separately, but they look nice together.

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Margo,
I think it's cute, but I don't do blue either.
I'm sure someone will snap it up.
Rosemary

TinaTx said...

Cute!
Mmmm - wouldn't that chest and mirror look good painted white!?!

Unknown said...

Margo, I had to laugh out loud at your first two sentences! You definitely hit the wooden peg on the nose!

Vee said...

Yes, pricing it high is better than marking it "sold." LOL! It functions very nicely holding the dishes.

THE VERANDA said...

Hi Margo! That scale sure is cute. I really like the way you displayed it. May have to steal that idea sometime......Hope to see you at Canton!

pedalpower said...

Yup, just did that today. couldn't decided if I really wanted to sell something.....so I marked it high enough that if it goes I won't be sorry. LOL YOur scale is very cute. I bet it disappears soon.

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

You are 200% right about dealers having too much stuff and overpricing stuff. I DEFINITELY do that. Fortunately (or not) it works sometimes. LOVE the scales!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you still have this vanity mirror available? If so, could you please send my the measurements and price as well as shipping costs. Thank you!
Tami tamivik@hotmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin