Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Much Better

Now I think my wall looks much better.

I hung a quilt top that I was not using and never finished and the Tobbaco basket covers up the hole. Then I just re-arranged and tweeked and I think it looks much better. Got all that peg board covered up. See red display, it is just perfect for jewelry. I broke 2 of my bottles moving stuff around, Oh well.

Then after that I went to a fellow-dealer's going-out-of-business sale and picked up these 2 items at 40% off. She's closing her shop and just doing the mall after she sells all her things. Deals to be had!!!!! If you are local, you need to go to Gatherings at the corner of Rusk and Bois d' Ark. Shes across from brick street pharmacy.

That red shelf thing is some old kitchen shelf of some sort. and that wooden divider box will sort out my bits and bobs quite nicely.

Tomorrow I'll do catch up on web and blog stuff, sorry I haven't been able to visit many of you in awhile, but I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

This is just so much fun.
Margo

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

It looks so much better Margo.
I like it.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Margo, display looks great. I just
love the red shelf. Thats my favorite color for kitchen items,
great find. Canton weekend looking
forward to finding some great items. Good luck with your booth.
Dee

TinaTx said...

Looking good! I'm sure you will do great.

Unknown said...

Great finds, Kiddo! I believe that red shelf may have been meant for plates. I've seen people put books in them, too, but you'll probably dream up some other incredible use! I like the look of fabric to soften a display, too. I've used it draped over the top and down the sides to give a curtain-type affect or to frame pieces. Great job, as usual!

Alice Regan said...

Looks wonderful...I love the use of the quilt top! Looking good!

Simply Me Art said...

Like the addition of the Quilt! Looks great...

linda t said...

Thank you sooo much Margo for the typewriter &7 charm!!! Perfect! It's going on a chain around my neck. I LOVE ampersands! You made my day!

Vee said...

Yes, it does look splendid! Very nicely done indeed.

oliveoyl64 said...

I wonder if the Gatherings you are talking about is related to Gatherings in Georgetown?

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Margo,my name is Shelley! I love the way this turned out for you. I'm local and when I get time I am going to come to the Mall when I get a chance and pay your booth a visit.
Love that red shelf! I bet you will find a great use for it.

Blessings,Shelley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin