Friday, October 5, 2007

Ok, I know I promised but....

the birdcage project is not quite finished. As I wait for paint to dry, I thought I'd show you today's finds.

I feel I did OK today. I got this great lamp and more scrabble tiles, You can never have enough scrabble tiles.


Earlier in the week I found this great chippy rusty cart at a junk shop. Right now it's in my barn holding stuff.


Oh Yeah, then there is this little item.

do you see it there, if you don't look close you'll miss it.

It's the Door, Ahhhhhh! I found this lovely door today, I could hardly keep my excitement under control. Only $50.00. But wait till you see the details.



It's a lovely limey green, hard to photograph. It was in an old Historic home here in
Tyler. It had lovely glass at one time. But the lady who owned it had it propped up against a wall. Her toddler grand-daughter thought it was a real door and tried to open it. When she did it fell on top of her and glass broke all over the place, but miraculously the little girl didn't have a scratch on her. I love a piece with a story. I'll be off to find and photograph the house it came out of, for you later this week.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it right now. It will probably be propped (securely) against a wall, with the opening being a frame of sorts for a display of, what else, More Junk.




here's an overview of some of my junk stash, It's it wonderful. :):):):)
Birdcage project tomorrow I promise.
Margo

4 comments:

TinaTx said...

Love that green door! It would be awesome with a mirror in it leaning up against a wall somewhere!
How's the arm today?

Alice Regan said...

I love all of your stuff! Can't wait to see the birdcage!

Rosemary said...

Wow Margo,
Do I love that door!!! Great find.
You are the best. I agree, I am always buying old scrabble games for the tiles.
Can't wait to see what you do with all of your great junk.
Rosemary

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

That is a beautiful door...love the glass knob and detailing on the door.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin