Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My craft project for the day

I've been seeing a lot of white ceramic pottery with black letters and numbers on them. Also signs and tags made like this. I've been looking for something I could use to make some for myself and Today I found it. At a local Craft store they had plain White flat Ceramic Christmas ornaments, meant for you or your kids to decorate for the tree. Well these looked like large ceramic tags to me and so I got a few. They were only $1.00 ea. I brought them home and began to play. So far I've made this little sign for my Dishwasher.


Functional and cute!!!! I also got some quotes with a love theme, that are on clear sticker and I thought about doing some cottage signs with these same items. They have stars and hearts as well, So the possibilities are endless.

I'm also working on beautifying my office at work. I've been inspired by Fifi's blog and the pictures of her office
that are in Romantic country magazine this month. I'll have pictures of my office later, but for now let's just say I had fun today buying pretty papers and folders. Some of the projects I've come up with will be on my web site in weeks to come.

ttfn

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very clever! I have some of those...except with red outlining. I will have to come up with some clever ways to use them. I used one for a basket marker (used in the front with a prim american flag rubbed on it) tied a red a pretty ribbon through and around the handle of the basket. TADA! Just a festive way to decorate a basket. And July 4th goodies in the basket.

Margo said...

Robyn, Love that Idea. I love basket tie-ons. Sounds like a great idea. I kinda wish these were smaller diameter. But I'm going to keep my eye out for smaller ones. I added the black outline, these were plain white.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Love those! What did you use to write on them with?

Rosemary said...

Well Margo,
Aren't you the busy bee?? Love the dishwasher sign. Very cute!! Can't wait to see what you do with your office. I will show you mine sometime.
Rosemary

Margo said...

Bec4: I used a black sharpie for the outside line and the words are letter stickers.

Margo said...

Rosemary: I'll have a few things I've done on my quick projects this week. but I need to paint before I can show off the entire thing. I'm just in the beginning stages right now, and painting will be a big chore so I don't know when I'll do that.

Also, I'm not able to change any of the furniture at this time and It's all yuck particle board with melamine. there is only so much I can do in there.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Do you put anything over them to protect them? I hope to find some of these ceramic tags--I love them! I wonder if there is a cheap source on-line--I'll have to search.
Have a great day!
Becky

Margo said...

Bec: No I didn't protect them.
I got them at Michaels, only 1.00 each. These are glossy, I saw some at
hobby lobby that are bisque, and not glossy. I think the Glossy would be
better to work with. What are you going to do with them.

Look for Christmas ornaments. That is what they are designed to be.

Margo

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I am going to copy you and do what you did Ü! I will look for them this week. I tried to today, but my 3 children had other plans for me. Thanks for the info.
Becky

Sadie Olive said...

Love these! They are very cute! I like them on the jars in your office too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin