Thursday, June 14, 2007

Inspiration



Where does inspiration come from? For me it comes from objects. I might be drawing a blank, looking around my barn, without any ideas. Then I’ll go garage-saleing and come home with lots and lots of inspiration. I let the objects speak to me. Sometimes I know what to do with the item when I pick it up. Other times I have no clue, I just know it can be used for something.

The other place of inspiration is the creations of others. That is why I started my web page, to inspire and be inspired. I may not have the object needed to create an item, but I’ll keep my eyes open and someday I’ll find just that right piece, and I’ll remember what was done with that in the past and then I’m off. It’s an adrenalin rush that can’t be explained. Sometimes ending in frustration that my project is not working out the way I wanted, and other times ending in elation, that it is just perfect.

Then I can’t wait to share it with you, but I must, as I need future projects of the week. So be sure that as long as I’m hunting, and finding. I’m also creating, and those projects will keep coming. And thanks for the inspiration I get from all of you.

For those of you wondering, My Son will be OK after his car accident. He's a little spooked when driving now though. Thanks for all of your concern and prayers, we have been truly blessed.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

I'm so glad that you son is OK.
I know what you mean about objects speaking to you. I have that too.
It's like you just know when you see a piece.
Great post today Margo.
Rosemary

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Great post and great new projects. I have a screen frame similar to the one you used and will probably do something like you did with it--thanks for the inspiration. Also I am glad your son is okay. I will continue to pray for God to use this close call in your son's life for good, as only God can do.

Margo said...

Thanks Rosemary, he is OK physically but still skiddish about driving. I had to make him drive yesterday and he is so fearful

Bec, I'd love to see the project when you are done. One of rosemary's projects actually inspired me for this one. She has a window with shelves added like this.

larsonpearl said...

I have a vintage (1967) Magnavox console stereo. What treasure can I use the cabinet for--it's walnut.

Thanks. Pearl

Blog Widget by LinkWithin