Friday, June 1, 2007

Fabulous Friday At the Flea Market

After driving 2 hrs to my TMJ doctor, and getting my night guard adjusted. I Headed back to Tyler, but not before stopping at the First Monday Flea Market for some shopping. I met with fellow blogger Garden Antiques aka Theresa and we had a short visit. It was very nice to meet you Theresa. After that I wondered around the junk area for several hours picking up spindles, ceiling tin, etc. I was also on the hunt for more hand mirrors (cheap) and I
was not to be dissapointed. Here is what I got.


I'm showing each mirror's best side, which is not always the mirror side. I will hang them with their best side out. So 5 more to add to my collection, and I'll post a pic of them all hanging out together tomorrow. I will be painting the small wooden one since it is not in great shape.

On the way out I saw the lady that makes the little greenhouses from old windows. We had a chat and It was nice to meet her. She said that she had sold all but one of the ones she brought.
Be sure to check it out her houses on my windows page :
here
All in all it was a great day.

Here they are (added 6/1/07)





3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Margo,
Sounds like you had a great time today except for the Dr. visit.
I love the mirrors.
You already have quite a collection.
I am going to the Ventura flea market on Sunday. I will let you know what I find.
Rosemary

Carole said...

Hi Margo. So nice to find your blog, thanks to Theresa for telling a little about yours and mine on her blog. My name is Carole and I am the one that tagged Theresa. I love going to flea markets too. So fun!, especially when you find a treasure!! I hope you will visit my blog some day.
Carole

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Margo: I was really glad we met on Friday, just wish our visit could have been longer. There was so much we could have talked about. I apologize that we didn't get to visit longer, so we'll just have to plan to meet again soon. Really neat things for the barn sale. I'll mark my calender. Take care, Theresa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin